Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Indian-Style Rice with Cashews, Raisins and Turmeric. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh cilantro and. Curry Rice Salad with Artichokes loosely based on Cold Rice Salad from San.
You can add nuts as well if you like. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can be pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmoulded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh coriander and slices of lime and tomato. Mix lettuce and spinach in large bowl and combine with dressing. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped apple.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cashews, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- Prepare 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of Yogurt (optional).
Toss with apples, cheese and cashews. Watch how to make a simple Indian-style basmati rice side dish. Simply simmer the rice in coconut milk and chicken stock with Indian spices, cashews, and raisins. The result is a beautiful, fragrant Indian-inspired side dish that's a real stand out.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown, white, short- or long-grain, browse our best Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this super side Have some leftover smoked fish on your hands? Create this light and fresh Asian-style salad with a. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl. This is a very tasty brown rice recipe salad. Very different and tasty served with barbecue meats.