Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce. The Original in The Village of Montgomery. The Boathouse on the Ohio River. Montgomery Inn secret-recipe barbecue sauce, for which we blend tomatoes, garlic, onions, molasses and special spices for our thick and tangy sauce.
STOVE TOP: Pour sauce into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat. Remove thawed bbq from the container and place in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for approximately. You can have Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 1 (24 ounce) of bottle of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of taragon vinegar.
- It’s of Grandma's Additions.
- You need 2 tbsp of grape jelly.
- You need 1/4 cup of bourbon (optional).
- It’s of Suggested Dry Rub.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of tarragon.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare of sea salt, sprinkled directly onto the ribs.
- You need 1 of lemon, juice of.
Cook slowly until all flavors are blended. From the famous rib place in Cincinnati. Blend all sauce ingredients together in a blender. Broil (or BBQ) on both sides until brown after coating heavily with sauce.
Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce instructions
- Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs..
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the dry rub and apply to the ribs. Sprinkle with salt..
- As you can see, the recipe says it came with no instructions, but suggests to do the following……
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until the onion is pureed into the sauce..
- Transfer to a sauce pan and simmer for 10-20 minutes..
- Mix spices together and put into shaker. Squeeze the juice of one lemon on both sides of the ribs. Salt evenly and shake spice mix on both sides of the ribs. Brown both sides of the ribs on a hot grill or under your oven's broiler..
- Place ribs in baking pan, add 1/8 to 1/4 inch water from the bottom. Cover with foil and bake at 325 to 350°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Fifteen minutes before done, remove foil, drain water and pour the sauce over the ribs and place back in oven. Just enough to warm the sauce..
- You can make your own tarragon vinegar by bringing a 1/2 cup of white vinegar to a boil, remove from heat. Add a heaping Teaspoon of dried tarragon and let steep until it reaches room temperature. Strain and use..
The Best Bad-Ass BBQ Sauce Recipe Around! Anyone who is from the Cincinnati area knows that when it comes to bbq, Montgomery inn is one of the most popular places to go. BARBECUE SAUCE (Montgomery Inn) MONTGOMERY INN PULLED PORK BBQ. Montgomery inn smoked chicken bbq traditional pizza crust. Great recipe for Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce.