Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush.
You can have Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush by using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that:
Ingredients of Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cups of water.
- You need 1 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh shredded parmesan.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Cheesy Parmesan Corn Meal Mush step by step
- In a medium sauce pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. In a separate bowl wisk together corn meal and 1 1/4 cup of room temperature or cold water. As soon as water boils slowly pour corn meal mixture into pan, stirring constantly..
- Continue to cook over medium heat until corn meal begins to thicken. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 5 minutes more (watch out for bubbles popping and reduce heat to low if necessary). Stirring constantly through entire step..
- Reduce heat to low (if you haven't already). Gently stir in parmesan until fully incorporated. Finish by stirring in butter until melted completely. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately..
- Note: This dish pairs amazingly well with my Garlic Pepper Baked Salmon. Refrigerate leftovers in a rectangular storage dish (or loaf pan) and use for savory fried corn meal mush..