Jeera rice /Cumin rice. Jeera rice only needs a few simple ingredients. Ghee or Butter, whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves), jeera (or cumin seeds), green chillies, basmati rice and freshly chopped coriander. Thats all of six ingredients which you probably have in your pantry, so making this is actually easier than you.
Super simple & quick recipes to make fluffy, non-sticky & flavorful jeera rice every time. Jeera rice is a flavored Indian rice dish made by cooking basmati rice with ghee, cumin & other fragrant spices. Learn how to make Jeera Rice, otherwise known as cumin rice, with this simple recipe that drains the water from the rice to remove all impurities. You can cook Jeera rice /Cumin rice using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jeera rice /Cumin rice
- You need 1 1/2 cups of gobindobhog,ambamohar or basmati rice.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1/2 tsp of jeera(cumin seeds).
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander chopped.
A tasty variation on plain boiled rice, this can be made two ways—by total absorption of water by the rice or by draining the water from it. Jeera rice is a simple rice dish flavored with cumin seeds. Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice makes a delicious side dish which can be served with any meal and makes it festive. Jeera (Cumin) Rice. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Jeera rice /Cumin rice instructions
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.Sprinkle jeera and when it splutters add the rice.Add water and salt to taste.Close lid and pressure cook 2 whistles.Open lid after 5 minutes.Wait for sometime so that rice soaks the excess water.Sprinkle coriander and lightly toss.Serve with dal tadka or any spicy veg or non veg dish..
- Another way of cooking this rice is par boiling and discarding water.Heat ghee,sprinkle jeera and when it crackles,add rice and salt and coriander and toss..
You don't need to plan ahead for this incredibly delicious and ridiculously easy Indian Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice. Jeera rice (cumin) recipe in pressure cooker is a popular Indian recipe for dinner and a perfect vegan Indian food recipe. Jeera rice is a famous, simple and flavorful Indian rice prepared with long grained rice like basmati rice. The rice is flavored with cumin seeds, whole spices Making jeera rice is very simple. You just need a handful of ingredients that are staple in Indian pantries.