Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting. You'll love the lemon filling and creamy frosting touched with lemon. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Spread whipped cream mixture over side and top of cake.
Enveloped with lemon cream cheese buttercream and garnished with whipped cream, this Vanilla Cream Cheese Buttercream: For a vanilla cream cheese buttercream, replace lemon juice Put in a lemon curd filling and buttercream icing. Taste was great but the cake turned out heavier /denser. Fresh berries and creamy frosting make take this cake to the next level! You can cook Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting using 25 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting
- You need of FOR WHITE CAKE.
- You need 1 cup of milk, warmed to room temperature.
- It’s 6 of large egg whites , at room temperature.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of cake flour, no subsitute.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks ) at room temperature.
- It’s of FOR LEMON CREAM FILLING.
- It’s 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of lemon curd, homemade or store bought.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fresh grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of FOR LEMON WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- You need 2 tablespoon of cold water.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh grated lemon zest.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
I think it's safe to say that my version of a Happy Meal would most definitely include cake. Spring demands lemony desserts, and boy do we have one for you. It's a team effort between layers of sunny lemon cake and the lightest, just-sweet-enough whipped raspberry frosting with the prettiest pink hue. Scatter some fresh berries and extra lemon zest over top and you're good to go.
Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 8 inch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- Whisk in a bowl egg whites, milk, vanilla and almond extract.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Add butter in 6 additions to flour mixture beating in at low after each piece and then beat an additional 2 minutes on low.
- Add milk/egg white mixture in 2 additions, beating on medium and beat 1 minute after all is added.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 15 mins then remove from pans and cool on wiren racks completely before frosting.
- MAKE LEMON CREAM FILLING.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- In another bowl beat mascarpone, lemon curd, lemon zest and sugar until smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into lemon/mascarpone mixtire in 2 additions intil uniform in color.
- MAKE LEMON WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Add cold water to a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle gelatin on and soften for 5 minutes.
- Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer, add bowl of gelatin and stir until clear and disdolved. Turn off heat and let it sit in the warm water to remain liquid while whipping the cream.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until combined then beat gelatin until cream holds its shape.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place 1 cake layer, bottom up on serving plate.
- Spread with 1/2 of lemon cream filling.
- Top with second cake layer, bottom up.
- Spread with remaining lemon cream filling.
- Top with last third layer, bottom up.
- Frost entire cake with lemon whipped cream. Refrigerate at least 2 to 4 hours to set before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries, strawberrys and sprinkles.
Flavored whipped cream is an easy filling and topping for a gorgeous berry-stacked cake. This lemon cake recipe features a lemon frosting and lemon curd filling. Try this flavorful lemon cake for any occasion. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Made with moist lemon cake, lemon curd & whipped mascarpone frosting!