Amanda's sausage and penne. First things first — the sausage. I am a huge fan of smoked sausage, and I am completely, head over heels, bowled over by this Butterball Turkey Sausage. The first time we tried it I thought, there's no way that this is turkey sausage.
When the penne is done, drain well, and return to the pasta pan. Add the tomato sauce and cream (I dumped it into the pan with the tomato and sausage mixture, stirred it up then added the cream). Stir over low heat for one minute or until warm. You can have Amanda's sausage and penne using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amanda's sausage and penne
- You need 1 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 packages of loss Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 packages of Grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 8 of baby Portobello mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of handfuls of baby spinach.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of whole wheat penne.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook penne pasta according to instructions. In a large skillet, add sliced sausage and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add a tablespoon of butter to the leftover grease from the sausage and add the onions and peppers. Add the veal and sausage and season with salt and pepper.
Amanda's sausage and penne instructions
- Add olive oil to Sautee Hanover med heat. Once hot at the red onion(slices) let sweat for a few mins then add garlic..
- After garlic and onions have sweat add sausage to the pan (crumble first). Make sure sausage is cooked through, you make need to a little water to the pan to help steam the sausage. Then add diced mushrooms..
- While the mushrooms cook start cutting grape tomatoes into quarters. Add tomatoes to the pan and let cook for 10mins..
- You can the add spinach and let it wilt down. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you need more liquid to coat the pasta you can add more olive oil or butter (your choice) even some red sauce if you have extra in the fridge..
Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until it just starts to smoke. Add sausage, chicken, onions, and bell peppers. Toss in the cooked pasta and stir until mixed. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Time to add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, uncooked penne, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.