Pumpkin Sausage Penne.
You can cook Pumpkin Sausage Penne using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Sausage Penne
- Prepare 3/4 cup of uncooked penne pasta.
- It’s 2 of Spicy Italian Sausages.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic , minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white wine or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin.
- Prepare 3 tsp of minced fresh sage, divided.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of half-and-half cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shredded Romano cheese.
Pumpkin Sausage Penne instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tsp..
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil and reserved drippings over medium-high heat until tender. Add wine and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the broth, pumpkin, 1-1/2 tsps sage and remaining seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cream and sausage; heat through. Remove bay leaf..
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl. Add sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining sage..