Cinnamon bun apple pie. Bake your most impressive pie yet! Think about it: these two baked goods — apple pie and cinnamon buns — are perfect complements. The visual appeal of cinnamon swirls plus the sweet-tart crunch of apples?
Cinnamon rolls and apple pie all in one? It's almost too good to be true! Roll the pie dough into a tight log. You can cook Cinnamon bun apple pie using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon bun apple pie
- You need 2-3 of large Apples.
- You need 2 cans of cinnamon rolls.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Place in a bowl and add sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch. Toss until apples are well coated. While it looks like cinnamon buns on top of the pie it is actually a rolled out pastry, complete with icing. It seems like it may be easy even though it looks complicated.
Cinnamon bun apple pie step by step
- Peal & Slice Apples put in bowl.
- (*You can do steps 1-3 a day in advance. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.*) Lay out plastic wrap. Space out the rolls as you lay them out..
- Cover top with more plastic wrap seal in rolls. Make sure no openings..
- Use rolling pin to flatten rolls…
- Melt butter, add brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla to sliced apples and mix together..
- Place rolled out buns in bottom of baking dish until it's full..
- Add apple mixture on top of flattened cinnamon roll..
- Next roll out second can of cinnamon rolls to cover the apples..
- Preheat oven 350 Bake 45 minutes or until apples soft. Poke with fork..
- Add icing.
I'm thinking I'd rather add nutmeg than vanilla. I always make these Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls the day before Christmas and heat them up Christmas morning… they are always a huge hit in my house and I was looking for a good cinnamon bun and here it is. my mother-in-law was a great cook and baker but I never felt she would leaves so young. recipes. Bake until apples in center are tender when pierced and filling is bubbling thickly at edges. Check out our favorite apple recipes. Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen.