Penne A La Betsy.
You can cook Penne A La Betsy using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Penne A La Betsy
- You need 3/4 lb of Penne Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Shrimp.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 of fresh basil.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
Penne A La Betsy step by step
- cook the penne pasta until tender-firm.
- Peel, devein and rinse (under cool water) 1 pound of shrimp.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes until just opaque. Do not over cook them.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- finely dice 1 small onion. mince 2 cloves of garlic.
- Chop the shrimp into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion, and saute.
- After the garlic and onion have cooked a bit add your white wine. let the wine evaporate for a few minutes.
- Add 8 ounce can of tomato sauce. stir well until combined.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Turn heat down and let simmer.
- Chop a tbsp of parsley and a tbsp of basil.
- Add chopped shrimp back into the tomato cream sauce. stir well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add herbs and stir until combined.
- Add cooked penne pasta and stir well.