Missisippi Comeback Sauce. An all purpose sauce that is a cross somewhere between a rémoulade sauce and Thousand Island salad dressing, great for a sandwich spread or dipping sauce. Ingredients and step-by-step recipe for Mississippi Comeback Sauce. Find more gourmet recipes and meal ideas at The Fresh Market today!
Comeback sauce is a dipping sauce for fried foods or as a salad dressing in the cuisine of central Mississippi. Similar to Louisiana remoulade, the base of the sauce consists of mayonnaise and chili sauce (or some approximation of that combination). Comeback sauce is a classic Southern sauce that originated in Jackson, Mississippi, where it was the house dressing served at the Greek restaurant, The Rotisserie. You can cook Missisippi Comeback Sauce using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Missisippi Comeback Sauce
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of chili sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard.
- You need 2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
Today you'll find it on many. Mississippi comeback sauce is a classic, Southern-style condiment that originated in Jackson, Mississippi. A mix between a remoulade, thousand island and creamy ranch dressing, comeback. Southern Mississippi Comeback Sauce is the perfect versatile dipping sauce recipe for french fries, hot dogs, burgers, as a salad dressing and more!
Missisippi Comeback Sauce step by step
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and process until well mixed. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Store in fridge..
Everyone will keep coming back for a taste of this delicious Mississippi Comeback Sauce! If you have always wondered how to make comeback sauce, then this is the recipe for you. Be the first to review this recipe. Great for dipping boiled shrimp, steamed crab legs, as a marinade, white BBQ sauce for grilled chicken. Mississippi Comeback Sauce recipe: The sauce which used to grace every worthwhile eatery in the South but now is seldom found.