Crispy orange peel beef. A delicious crispy and sweet, yet mildly spiced beef stir-fry recipe. Great served with steamed rice and broccoli. I also omitted the orange peel as it really didn't need it.
Only peel off the orange colored part. Thinly slice the orange peels into long strips. Crispy Orange Beef is a typical Szechuan. You can cook Crispy orange peel beef using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy orange peel beef
- It’s of beef.
- You need 1 lb of beef for stir fry (thinly sliced steak of your choice).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of each, salt and pepper.
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of Orange marmalade.
- Prepare 1 cup of water, divided.
- Prepare 1 of beef bouillon cube.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare of sliced scallions, for garnish.
Officially it's supposed to be made using dried-tangerine peels, but Chris Kimball recommends using a vegetable peeler to remove peel and some pith from navel oranges. Most people love it and a few have not. Add hot pepper and orange peel, Stir briefly. Crispy orange beef typically starts with strips of sliced beef, but here we're swapping in quicker-cooking, budget-friendly ground beef.
Crispy orange peel beef instructions
- Season steak with salt and pepper, then toss in cornstarch..
- In small saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and saute garlic and ginger until golden. Then add 1/2 cup water, bouillon cube, marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered..
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium high. Flick water on pan. When it sizzles, add the steak. Cook until brown and slightly crispy..
- When steak is nearly done, combine cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup water in small lidded container. Shake until smooth. Add to sauce and simmer until thickened..
- Serve steak with the sauce on the side. Garnish with scallions…
Before doing anything else, take the beef out of the fridge. The longer it has to come close to room temperature, the better. The meat will cook more evenly and crisp. Orange Beef – Crispy beef in a crazy delicious orange sauce. This homemade orange beef recipe is healthier and so much better than Chinese takeout.