Brenda's Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco.
You can have Brenda's Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brenda's Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, peeled.
- You need 2 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- You need 3 cup of uncooked mezze penne pasta.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 3/4 cup of dry white wine (such as Chardonnay).
- You need 1/2 tsp of each salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of lightly packed fresh basil leaves, divided.
- You need 1 oz of (about 1/4 cup) parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 2 cup of diced grilled chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of Additional grated fresh Parmesan and ground pepper for garnish.
Brenda's Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco step by step
- Spray Deep Covered Baker with olive oil. Slice garlic into baker. Add tomatoes. Cover, microwave on High 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst, stirring after 2 minutes. Crush tomatoes. Add pasta, broth, wine, salt and pepper..
- Return baker to microwave, cover and microwave on High 16-18 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely chop basil. Reserve 2 tbsp for garnish. Grate cheese..
- Carefully remove baker from microwave and remove lid, lifting away from you. Add remaining basil, cheese, and chicken to baker and mix well. Garnish with reserved basil, cheese and pepper..
- Note: An additional 3/4 cup chicken broth can be substituted for the wine, if desired..
- Any tube-shaped pasta such as rigatoni, can be substituted..
- You may use pre-cooked chicken fajitas for the grilled chicken to save time..
- Nutrients per serving (1cup): Calories 240; Total Fat 2.5g; Saturated Fat .5g; Cholesterol 25mg; Carbohydrates 35g; Protein 17g; Sodium 450mg; Fiber 2g.