Ground Beef and Gravy. Each meal with ground beef has its own characteristics and different herbs and spices always give a certain variation to the meat. So for me, it rates as one of the easy dinners with ground beef or mince. Delicious over rice or noodles. … Ground Beef with Mushroom Gravy Recipe. … This is one of those meals you can have on the table in no time at all.
Brown gravy is made with oil, beef stock (both are in your ground beef liquid though undeveloped), flour and any seasonings you'd like to add toward the end. Chances are you will end up with very little liquid that is thin, and you'll have to add beef stock and oil to make a halfway decent gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta. You can have Ground Beef and Gravy using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef and Gravy
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion.
- You need 1 packages of fresh sliced cremini mushrooms.
- It’s 2 jars of beef gravy. (I use Heinz).
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of sour cream.
Find out how to make a delicious ground beef and gravy that can be used in a whole bunch of dishes. Rouxs are the basic way to thicken a gravy or sauce. Flour mixes with fat, in this case the fat from the ground beef, and then cooks, creating almost a gooey, glue like consistency. Salisbury beef steaks stewed with gravy.
Ground Beef and Gravy instructions
- Brown the ground beef with the sliced onions and mushrooms in a deep frying pan..
- Add the gravy and worcestershire..
- Simmer for about 15 minutes..
- Right before serving stir in the sour cream..
- Serve over mashed potatoes. I make skin on redskin mashies with butter and sour cream…yum!.
Meatballs with tomato sauce with couscous. Roast Beef and Gravy. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Ground Beef And Gravy Mashed Potatoes Recipes. Aunt Ann's Salisbury Steak and Gravy! Cook meat and onion slowly till browned.