Salisbury steak and onion gravy. Best Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy – A hearty Classic Meal! Salisbury steak is a classic American dish with ground beef patties seasoned in various manors and served with brown gravy over mashed potatoes or If you want caramelized onions in your gravy, start by thin slicing a small onion. This Salisbury Steak (also known as hamburger steak and gravy) is homemade beef patties, seasoned with garlic, onion powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
A great from-scratch salisbury steak and gravy recipe I found a long time ago. The mushroom and onion gravy is wonderful over mashed potatoes or I cooked this Salisbury steak this evening and it was very quick and easy. The flavor and texture was wonderful. You can have Salisbury steak and onion gravy using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury steak and onion gravy
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped (I used the food processor).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 13 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce, for gravy..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
TIPS: I removed steaks from pan. Salisbury Steak has been a favorite in our house for years. Homemade Salisbury steak with mushrooms and onion gravy. I combined the Salisbury steak from one recipe and the gravy from another and made this hearty, filling, easy meal.
Salisbury steak and onion gravy instructions
- Chop onion, add oil to pan over medium heat and cook until softened and caramelized, about ten minutes or so. Put the onions in a bowl, set aside..
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and egg. Shape into ovals..
- Cook patties over medium heat, about 5 minutes each side. Drain. Set aside..
- Add onions and broth, bring to a simmer. Mix water and cornstarch, stir into onion mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until thickened..
- Add patties to gravy and simmer until done. About 10 minutes. Enjoy!.
Mashed potatoes make a great Sauté onion rings and mushrooms til tender. Stir flour into pan, scraping bottom of pan. Add dash of salt and pepper. Quintessential Salisbury steak, in my opinion. I make a couple of tweaks, but I feel they're true to the original recipe.