Tres Leches Cake. This light and fluffy tres leches cake recipe uses four types of milk and is topped with whipped "This cake is made with three layers: Cake, filling, and topping. The BEST authentic homemade Tres Leches Cake. An ultra light cake soaked in a sweet milk mixture and topped with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon.
Tres Leches Cake a must try Mexican dessert! It's a deliciously rich and moist, milk-soaked cake that always gets compliments every time it's served. Tres leches is comprised of a milk-soaked sponge cake that's topped with whipped cream. You can have Tres Leches Cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tres Leches Cake
- Prepare of Cake Base.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar (divided into 3/4 and 1/4 cup).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s of Cake syrup.
- You need 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- You need 14 oz of condensed milk.
- You need of Little more than 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- It’s of Whipped Cream Frosting.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Some (like me) prefer a dusting of ground cinnamon on top of their frosted cake; others prefer to garnish theirs. You'll love this light, fluffy tres leches cake SOAKED with a sweet mixture of three milks and topped with a cloud of whipped cream enriched with mascarpone. Tres Leches Cake should also be topped with a maraschino cherry. Guys, you'll love Tres Leches Cake.
Tres Leches Cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Grease the pan (Baking pan or upyrex) with butter. Keep 3 mixing bowls ready..
- Separate egg white and yolks..
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- Beat egg yolks along with 3/4 cup sugar at high speed using hand mixer until it becomes pale yellow in color. Add in milk and vanilla extract. Beat at low speed until it gets mixed..
- Add in the flour mixture and beat once at low speed, so that everything gets mixed. Keep aside..
- Clean the beater, whisk and mixing bowl and dry them well. If it is wet, egg whites cannot be beaten into desired consistency..
- Beat egg whites on high speed until you get foam consistency. Add in 1/4 cup sugar little at a time and continue to beat at high speed until you get a stiff peak..
- Add the white mixture on top of yolk mixture and gently fold in until it gets mixed well. Do not mix it vigorously..
- Transfer it to the greased pan or pyrex and bake it in the preheated oven for 20 mins..
- While it’s baking, prepare cake syrup by mixing condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream. Keep it refrigerated..
- Also prepare whipped cream frosting by beating heavy cream along with sugar and vanilla extract..
- Once the cake is ready cool it and invert it. Make holes all over the cake using a fork. Slowly pour the syrup and wait for 30 mins or until the cake absorbs the syrup..
- Spread the whipped cream frosting on top of the cake. Decorate with strawberries.
This Tres Leches Cake recipe is the perfect light and airy dessert and a Latin American favorite. Tres Leches means "three milks" and is a sponge cake that contains three different types of milks. Tres Leches Cake Recipe To celebrate the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month, let's make a cake, one that's associated with birthday parties, graduations, baptisms, and all kind of celebrations. Tres Leches Cake is an authentic Mexican cake soaked in three kinds of milk, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. Sheet Cake desserts are a fun and easy.