Spaghetti Sauce. Quick and easy homemade spaghetti sauce with tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and oregano. Add your favorite vegetables and use fresh herbs if you have them. Easy homemade spaghetti sauce, using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
This is a delicious, pure spaghetti sauce recipe for home canning from the USDA. It's a plain, simple and mild sauce, not too spicy, ideal for those with simpler tastes. It should be a hit with pickier eaters. You can cook Spaghetti Sauce using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Sauce
- Prepare 2 lb of lean hamburger.
- It’s 1 medium of onion diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper diced.
- You need 2 of celery stalks sliced and diced.
- You need 2 can of tomato sauce 15oz. each.
- You need 2 can of tomatoes 15 oz. each.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 8 oz of fresh mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1 can of black olives sliced 15 oz. can.
Taste the difference with Homemade Spaghetti Sauce from Delish.com. Among her most famous recipes is tomato sauce with onion and butter, and everything about it is a little unconventional. Easy weeknight friendly spaghetti and meat sauce that's made completely from scratch. Jump to the Easy Weeknight Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it.
Spaghetti Sauce instructions
- Brown hamburger in large skillet or stockpot..
- Add onion, bellpepper, and celery.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and worcestershire sauce..
- Add all seasonings..
- Simmer sauce on stove or in crockpot for a minimum of 3 hours for a good blend of flavors..
- Add mushrooms and olives approximately 45 minutes before serving..
This is the only spaghetti sauce my family will request! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! Spaghetti sauce is in a very similar boat. This quintessential American sauce has little to do with its original Italian marinara roots. Instead, it's a totally customized recipe that varies quite a bit depending.