Basic Cake Mix, Homemade. Mix the salt, sugar, baking powder, and flour. Grate the butter and fold into the flour mixture. This homemade white cake mix will replace all your white cake recipes.
Did you know you can make your own homemade white cake mix? Turn cake mix into a small mixing bowl. Making your own homemade cake mix can save you time and money. You can have Basic Cake Mix, Homemade using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Cake Mix, Homemade
- You need 7-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of baking powder, double acting.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 4-1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1-1/2 sticks of cold butter grated.
You whip up one big batch and it lasts for weeks in the pantry. Pull it out anytime, add a couple of ingredients and bake it right away! This basic mix can be made into any cake – vanilla based or chocolate based! Any recipe that calls for a yellow cake mix can be made better with a scratch cake!
Basic Cake Mix, Homemade instructions
- Gather the ingredients. Mix the salt, sugar, baking powder, and flour..
- Grate the butter and fold into the flour mixture. Now grating the butter is not what we did in class, it's what we call now a hack. We used to cube and cut the shortening into the flour..
- Separate into 3 ziploc bags of equal measurements. Close to 3-2/3 cups each bag..
- Use or freeze in the ziploc bags. Each measurement makes a double layer cake 8 inches or one 9×13 cake. I hope you enjoy!.
The hot water helps to "bloom" the cocoa (just like adding hot water to coffee grounds). Speaking of coffee, instead of making your cake mix with hot water, try replacing it with strong brewed coffee. The basic mix will end up being a lot cheaper, too. To make them up just add the required wet ingredients and there you go. Here's how to make your own cake using this homemade cake mix recipe!