Whole Wheat Pancakes. They're a healthier option to enjoy for breakfast or brunch. I perfected these whole wheat pancakes after testing batches and batches until they were just right. Everything a whole wheat pancake should be – fluffy, low-fat, and tasty!
I like to serve mine with almond butter and sliced. I have made whole wheat pancakes before and know that it takes a bit for the whole wheat flour to suck up some of the additional liquid so I let it sit for five-ten minutes while the griddle preheated. We absolutely love the nutty flavor of the flour! You can cook Whole Wheat Pancakes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s of Wet Ingredients.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It’s of Optional.
- You need of Add extra 1/2 cup flour for thicker batter (fluffy pancakes!).
- You need of Oil can be substituted for the applesauce (same amount).
You can also use half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour. You will never make regular pancakes again! Healthy whole wheat pancakes are difficult to master because pancakes are meant to be light, soft, and fluffy. All things that whole wheat flour isn't.
Whole Wheat Pancakes instructions
- Beat eggs, then add applesauce, baking powder, soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly to smooth any clumps..
- Add flour and water to mixture, mixing until incorporated..
- Measure 1/4 cup (for consistent pancakes), and pour the batter on a heated nonstick or greased skillet..
- Enjoy your healthy and hearty pancakes!.
However, finding the right balance of ingredients to. These Whole Wheat Pancakes are easy to make using simple ingredients and incredibly light and fluffy. And these whole wheat pancakes are FLUFFY. Remember when I showed you this picture? These are those, and those are these.