Rum Jerked Ham. Jamie Oliver's Jerk Ham, Rubbed with Spices and Glazed with Rum-Spiked Marmalade. Add a spiced twist to your baked Christmas ham with Jamie Oliver's recipe from his Christmas cookbook. A Rum Ham is a ham that has been steeped and injected with a rum brine, and coated with a rum glaze.
Update your Christmas roast ham with jerk seasoning and a boozy rum marmalade glaze this year. With a sticky rum & marmalade glaze. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! You can have Rum Jerked Ham using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rum Jerked Ham
- It’s of For the dry rub:.
- It’s 2 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of Ham with bone.
- Prepare of For the glaze:.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum.
- You need 1 cup of pineape juice.
Jamaican jerk spice mix is perfect for flavouring a whole ham. Carefully remove skin from ham and score fat in a criss-cross fashion. Rub jerk seasoning over the ham and into the scored fat, cover with. Jamaican jerk spice mix is perfect for flavouring a whole ham.
Rum Jerked Ham step by step
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together..
- Rub it all over ham. You may have some left over rub, depending upon the size of your ham..
- Place ham in a baking dish and seal tightly with foil..
- Now heat the oven to 400 degrees allowing for a few minutes for the rub sit in the ham..
- Cook ham for 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Make the glaze when you are at the 1 hour mark..
- In a sauce pan add all of the glaze ingredients..
- Stir constantly on medium heat until the sauce starts to boil..
- Once sauce starts to boil, reduce heat ro low and continue to stir until sauce reduces some (about 10 to 15 minutes)..
- Remove glaze from heat..
- Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham..
- Bake ham uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes..
- Remove ham from oven (should resemble picture) and let sit for 5 to 10 minites before serving..
- Delicious when served with Garlic Parmsean Scalloped Potatoes. Recipe to follow…..
- Enjoy :).
It can also be used with barbecued poultry and fish with equally good results. You will need to begin this recipe a day ahead. Learn how to make an iconic Jerk Ham With a Mango Orange Pineapple Rum glaze, with simple step by step instructions from Gourmand Award winning Caribbean. Ham soaked in rum so that it is literally loaded with booze. Add a spiced twist to your baked Christmas ham with Jamie Oliver's recipe from his Christmas cookbook, featuring a.