Lemon asparagus chicken pasta. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. This lemon asparagus pasta combines tender asparagus and grilled chicken in a creamy sauce.
Pour in the cream and lemon juice and add the asparagus. Simmer until the asparagus is just starting to soften then add the Parmesan and season to taste. Lemon Garlic Asparagus Pasta is a fast, easy, and fresh weeknight dinner that you'll come back to again and again and have memorized in no time. You can cook Lemon asparagus chicken pasta using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon asparagus chicken pasta
- You need of linguine or spaghetti.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- It’s of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of small red onion, chopped.
- You need of asparagus, stalks trimmed and cut into thirds or quartered.
- You need of heavy cream.
- You need of low-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s of freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish.
- It’s of lemon, sliced into half moons.
- It’s of Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the asparagus. A creamy butter- and dairy-free white The sauce from the lemon asparagus pasta could easily be turned into a great sauce for crispy tofu and veggies, almost making a "chicken" a la king". Once the asparagus is done preparing, take the chicken and place it back into the pan with the cooked onions and garlic. Now place the asparagus on top of the dish and lightly season it with salt and lemon pepper.
Lemon asparagus chicken pasta instructions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot..
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest, then thinly slice..
- To skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onion and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic and simmer 5 minutes..
- Stir in cheeses and let cook until melty, then add lemon slices and cooked linguine..
- Top with sliced chicken and garnish with more Parmesan and parsley..
Asparagus is one of my favorite Spring vegetables, and it pairs really well with the subtle lemon flavor in this One Pot Creamy Asparagus Chicken Pasta. If asparagus is not your thing, broccoli, broccolini, zucchini, or even bell peppers would be great substitutes. We loved this pasta skillet with the chicken. Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken breasts until done.