Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls.
You can cook Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of water.
- Prepare 3 cups of dark chocolate chips.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of coconut flakes | DIVIDED.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut flakes.
- Prepare 38 g of ABV.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Rum.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
Josiah's Magic Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling..
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth..
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla..
- Stir flour, baking soda, salt, ABV, and 1 cup coconut flakes (you'll be using the rest later) into the chocolate mixture..
- Spread evenly into 2 medium sized greased pans (or just cook one batch at a time, if you don't have 2)..
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes (don't worry about slightly overcooking, just don't under-cook)..
- Remove from pan in medium sized chunks and let cool..
- Leave out overnight, and uncovered. Let them get stale..
- In the morning break everything into small pieces into a large bowl..
- Pour in the Rum, and mix until you've got a thick, gooey batter..
- Scoop into teaspoon sized balls, and place onto lined plate, or cookie sheet. Balls will be hard to form, don't worry about it. Place the plate/sheet into the fridge for about 15-20min. This will make them firm up, for the final formation..
- After removing from the fridge pour a bit of coconut flakes (you should still have 1 cup left for this) into your hand, and roll the ball around in it, forming it as you go..
- Once formed and covered in the coconut flakes, drop the balls into a bowl of powdered sugar, and give them a good roll..
- Set the rum balls onto a plate, and place it into the fridge for about 15-20 minutes..
- Remove from fridge and serve! Feel free to leave them out, as they won't melt at room temperature..