Easy Pie Crust Recipe.
You can have Easy Pie Crust Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Pie Crust Recipe
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 150 g of butter, cold but softened.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 6 tbsp of whole milk.
- It’s 1 of medium egg.
Easy Pie Crust Recipe instructions
- Gather all the ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl..
- To the dry ingredients, add in the butter and coarsely break it in using a spatula or your hands till it resembles coarse sand..
- Then, add the egg and milk and mix first with a spatula or wooden spoon and eventually continue with your hands to bring it together till it forms a dough, add a splash more of milk if your dough is too hard or is breaking and bring it back together..
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes for the dough to rest and chill..
- After the dough chills, bring it out and roll on a floured surface to fit your pie dish, the dough is enough for a bottom and top crust. If blind baking, bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the middle rack for 35 – 40 minutes. If baking with a filling, roll out the dough to fit your pie dish, add in the filling and cover with top crust. Brush the top of the pie with some egg wash (1 egg and a tbsp of milk).Bake at 300 degrees fahrenheit on the middle rack for 45 – 50 minutes..
- Below is an apple pie I made using this pie crust recipe. It is delicious. Happy Baking!.