Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta.
You can have Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta
- You need of large bell peppers.
- It’s of lean ground beef.
- You need of steamed rice.
- You need of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- You need of small onion finely chopped.
- It’s of chopped parsley.
- You need of granulated garlic.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- It’s of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s of Pasta (your choice) I use spaghetti, linguine, or Angel Hair.
Italian Stuffed Peppers w Pasta step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook rice.
- Boil water in a steamer sauce pan. Prepare peppers by cutting tops off them. Save tops to chop and cook in beef stuffing. Clean inside of peppers removing all seeds. Place in steamer and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes until they are hot and softer. Your choice how soft or crunchy you want them. Remember they will soften more in the baking process. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In skillet brown the beef. Drain any excess fat. Then add olive oil to keep moist and add additional flavor. Add 1/2 cup chopped parsley, chopped onions, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper..
- Add rice to browned beef. Mix thoroughly. Set aside..
- In a saucepan add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, rest of chopped parsley, 1 tbsp granulated garlic, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, salt, sugar, red pepper flakes, and EVOO. Heat for 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Place pepper cups in large baking dish. Fill each one completely with beef and rice mixture. Pour tomato sauce over peppers completely. Cover with foil. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes..
- Cook pasta to al dente in boiling water. Approximately 8-10 minutes..
- Remove peppers from oven. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven 5-10 minutes until golden brown..
- Serve peppers with a side of pasta as shown above. Enjoy..