You can have Rum-Raisin Rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rum-Raisin Rice
- Prepare 1.5 C of rice.
- It’s 3 C of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 t of rum extract.
- Prepare 3/4 C of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 2 t of cumin.
- Prepare 1 t of ground coriander seed.
- It’s 1 t of orange peel seasoning.
- You need 1 t of ancho chile.
- You need 1 pinch of kosher salt & black pepper.
Rum-Raisin Rice instructions
- Heat chicken stock seperately in a saucepot..
- Heat butter slowly in a saucepot. When butter begins to brown, add rice. Stir. Season with coriander, orange peel, cumin, ancho chile, salt, and pepper..
- Add raisins and rum extract. Stir 1 minute with heat on medium. Add stock. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover..
- Simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Do not remove cover. Let steam for 8 minutes..
- Variations; Coconut, roasted bell or hot pepper puree, cilantro, ginger, lime, pineapple, mango, papaya, vinegar, corn, wine, bourbon, brandy, beer, pecans, walnuts, honey, brown sugar, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, clove, nutmeg, sumac, chile powder, turmeric, celery seed, apple cider, curry, currants, golden raisins, cardamom, lemon, gin, ponzu.