Banana Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze. This Banana Bundt Cake is topped with a homemade cream cheese icing and chopped pecans. It's a dense cake, almost like a pound cake, and is so moist and flavorful! You are going love this combo of banana cake with cinnamon cream cheese icing.
The recipe adds cinnamon and nutmeg to a cake that stays moist thanks to sour cream. Whisk together confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and milk or cream. Add only enough cream to make a spreadable glaze. You can cook Banana Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Prepare of Cake:.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of spotty bananas, mashed.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream (or greek yogurt), at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (optional).
- It’s of Glaze:.
- Prepare 3 oz. of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 tbsp. of milk.
Turn them into a delicious cake kissed with a cream cheese glaze. Tender, moist banana bundt cake with cinnamon and a rich cream cheese icing. This cake is essentially a moist, tender banana bread made in a bundt pan. The thick, rich cream cheese icing makes for a more decadent treat, but doesn't deter us from enjoying a slice of cake for breakfast.
Banana Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze instructions
- Pregeat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-12 cup bundt cake pan with non-stick spray, then dust with flour. Shake out any excess, then set it aside..
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set that aside. In a seperate large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter for a minute. Then add in the sugars and cream it all together for a minute or two, until fluffy and combined. Add the eggs in, one at a time, then the vanilla and the mashed banana..
- Add about 1/2 of the flour mixture to the wet mix and then mix the sour cream in. Then you'll add in the rest of the flour mixture and blend it until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan..
- Bake 40-55 minutes (start checking every 5 minutes at the 40 minute mark) or until a toothpick inserted into it comes out clean. Once its done, let it cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack and let it cool completely..
- For the glaze: Using an electric mixer, whip everything together. Add the milk 1 tbsp. at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. Drizzle the glaze evenly over the top of the bundt cake, then slice and serve it up..
The best part about this entire recipe? Super-moist and flavorful banana cupcakes with creamy cinnamon cream cheese frosting on top! Tonight I was thinking about using this batter in a bundt cake pan – any suggestions ?? It's a dense cake and is so moist and flavorful! Just like moist banana bread with the addition of cinnamon cream cheese icing and pecans.