Rum Nut Cake. Full of flavor, moist and perfect to enjoy in Christmas eve. How to make Nut Rum Cake. Oil and lightly flour a non-stick Bundt pan.
This is my homemade version of the famous Duncan Hines rum cake that my grandmother was known near and. A rum cake is a type of dessert cake which contains rum. In most of the Caribbean, rum cakes are a traditional holiday season dessert, descended from the holiday puddings (such as figgy pudding). You can cook Rum Nut Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rum Nut Cake
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans or Walnuts.
- It’s 1 package of (2-layer size) yellow cake mix.
- It’s 1 pkg of (4-serving size) Jello Vanilla pudding or Butter pecan flavor instant pudding and pie filling.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2/3 cup of dark Rum.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter or margarine.
Traditionally, dried fruit is soaked in rum for months and then added to dough prepared with sugar. Walnut Rum Cake is a sweet, moist homemade cake flavored with dark spiced rum and crunchy Fisher nuts are always fresh right out of their shells, have no preservatives and are non-GMO Project. Popular in the Caribbean, rum cake is a vanilla cake that has rum in the batter. Look for a robust rum that has lots of vanilla and spice flavor.
Rum Nut Cake step by step
- Sprinkle nuts in bottom of greased and floured 10-inch tube or fluted tube pan..
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, 1/2 cup water, the oil and 1/3 cup of Rum in a large bowl. With a electric mixer at low speed, blend just to moisten, scraping sides of bowl often. Then beat at medium speed 4 minutes. Pour batter in to pan..
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for about 1 hour or until cake tester insert in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from the sides of pan. Do not underbake. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, butter and remaining 1/4 cup water in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining Rum and bring just to a boil..
- Invert cake onto serving plate and prick with cake tester or wooden pick carefully spoon warm syrup over warm cake. Garnish with whipped topping and pecans, if desired..
- Substitution: Use pudding-included cake mix, reducing water in batter to 1/4 cup..
A more subtle light rum won't have a pronounced flavor. This rum cake recipe is made from scratch, with rum baked into a delicious yellow bundt cake and drizzled with a butter-rum sauce. This Bacardi rum cake is lovely and moist. Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum. Keep this classic rum cake recipe in your arsenal for special occasions or no occasion at all!