Jeera aloo (cumin potato). Jeera Aloo Recipe: extremely popular Indian side dish using potatoes, jeera (cumin), turmeric and other spices. Super easy to make, delicious and goes perfectly with all Indian meals. Potatoes – can use any potatoes.
Jeera Aloo is a popular Indian side dish made with potatoes and cumin seeds! I can't help it because there are just too many Indian potato recipes and when I make them I feel like sharing them on the blog too especially if it's as easy as this jeera aloo. A nice Indian-style twist on potatoes. You can have Jeera aloo (cumin potato) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeera aloo (cumin potato)
- Prepare 10-12 of Baby potatoes boiled.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coriander.
- You need 3 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of dried red chilli.
The fried whole cumin seeds have a unique slightly nutty flavor. A good way to use up leftover boiled potatoes. Eat with fried meat or rolled in a wheat tortilla with some chopped tomato and salad and a sprinkle of lemon juice for a vegetarian meal. Aloo Jeera is easy yet a delicious side dish.
Jeera aloo (cumin potato) step by step
- Firstly prick the potatoes with the help of fork so that the masala enters inside the potatoes as well.
- Heat oil add Cumin and red chilles let the cumin crackle.
- Now slow down the heat add spices except garam masala add 1/3 cup water and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in the pricked potatoes and salt and garam masala and mix it well to coat the potatoes in the masala making sure that the potatoes does not break..
- Add littel coriander and mix cook for 5 minutes.
- Take it out in a serving plate garnish with some more coriander and serve with roti or rice.
Jeera aloo is potatoes cooked with cumin seeds. With no onions, no garlic this is great option during fasting days. Add it the coriander and stir, to complete the jeera aloo. At this point you can also taste the potatoes and adjust the salt if you feel it is needed. Jeera Aloo Recipe is an aloo recipe which is boiled and diced and sauteed in a tempering with the flavors of cumin seeds and cumin powder/jeera powder and also few other spices.