Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta.
You can cook Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of chicken boob, diced (or 2 if they come in the pack).
- Prepare of sausage, sliced (Andouille or whatever you can find).
- It’s of Onion, sliced.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning (see below) or 2 McCormick cajun cubes.
- Prepare of red bell pepper, sliced.
- It’s of green bell pepper, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic, chopped.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of fish sauce.
- It’s of linguine (or other pasta).
- Prepare of shredded parmesan.
- Prepare of garnish (green onions or parsley).
Chicken and Sausage Cajun Pasta instructions
- In a 6 quart (or larger) pot, add the olive oil and place the pot over high heat..
- When the oil begins to shimmer (and the first wisps of smoke appear), add the chicken and brown (2-3 min).
- Add the sausage and continue to sauté (2-3 min).
- Add the Cajun seasoning and stir to coat. You can use either store bought Cajun seasoning, or make your own with 2 parts cayenne, 2 parts garlic powder, 2 parts paprika, 1 part salt, 1 part oregano, 1 part thyme, 1 part ground black pepper, 1 part onion powder..
- Add the veggies and sauté (3-5 min).
- Add the noodles, stock, and fish sauce (no, it won't taste fishy. the fish sauce is there to boost the savory-ness of the dish. You can find fish sauce at your Asian grocer. It should be translucent and brown). Turn the heat to low and lightly move the noodles around to distribute and cover. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 min until the noodles are done..
- There should be some stock left in the pot. Add the cream and the parmesan cheese and remove from heat. Stir the ingredients to bring the sauce together. The starch from the pasta should be sufficient to thicken the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Serve in bowls, topped with more grated parmesan and garnish of your choice..