You can cook Chicken Riggi using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Riggi
- It’s 8 ounces of hot italian sausage, casings removed.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sliced button mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- You need 28 ounces of whole tomatoes with juices.
- You need 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning.
- It’s 2 of italian sweet peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 of hot pickled red cherry peppers, thin sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of marsala wine.
- It’s 1 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh basil chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated fresh romano cheese.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 12 ounces of cooked rigatoni pasta.
Chicken Riggi instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add sausage, breaking it up, add mushrooms, onion, italian seasoning and some black pepper and cook until yegetables are soft.
- Add chicken and stir until browned.
- Add peppers, garlic and marsala and cook scraping bottom until wine is almost gone.
- Add tomatoes, lemon, broth and cream and simmer until thickened, about 15 to 20 mins.
- Add parsley and basil and serve over the cooked rigatoni pasta.