Spice Layer Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can cook Spice Layer Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spice Layer Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted butter ( 2 sticks ), at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisins ( optional ).
- You need 1 of recipe Vanilla Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached below.
- You need 1 tbsp of cinnamon sugar, recipe attached below.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped pecans.
Spice Layer Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 – 9 inch cake pans with non stick spray..
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, mix well and set aside..
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes, add eggs, milk and vanilla beat until combined. Add flour mixture mixing just until combined, do not over mix., fold in raisins, if using..
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inseted in center comes out clean..
- Cool in pans on rack about 15 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely..
- For a four layer cake, using a sharp large knife cut each ccooled cake in half, to make four layers.
- Place one layer of cake on serving plate, frost top with 1/4 of the Vanilla Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting, add another layer and frost top, add third layer and frost top, finally add top layer and frost top of that. I did not frost sides. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363307-vanilla-buttercream-cream-cheese-frosting.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and chopped pecans. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350614-cinnamon-sugar.
- Because of the cream cheese in the frosting, this cake is best stored in refrigerator, but served at room temperature..