Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy. Old-fashioned hamburger steak and savory onion gravy recipe. Authentic Southern recipe made with simple fresh ingredients. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish!
Return your cooked hamburger steaks to the skillet, flipping a few times to coat each side with the gravy, you. Don't forget to push "LIKE," leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too. You can cook Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of small sweet onion diced into thin strips.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of butter (optional).
- You need 1 packet of brown gravy mix.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s of parsley (for garnish).
PuslapiaiKitaPrekės ženklasVirtuvė/Maisto gaminimasIncredible RecipesVaizdo įrašaiSouthern Hamburger Steaks with Onion Mushroom Gravy! This classic Southern meal can be enjoyed on even the busiest weeknights. The hamburger steak patties can be prepared and frozen for up to three Nutritional Information. Hamburger Steak With Sweet Onion-Mushroom Gravy Recipe.
Southern Hamburger Chunks with Onion Gravy instructions
- Add ground beef, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, & salt into a large bowl..
- Use your hands to combine the spices with the beef..
- Shape the mixture into 3 patties..
- Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat..
- Sear the burgers on both sides to create a nice "crust" on the burgers. (Note: My patties broke apart, so I broke them into big chunks).
- Remove burgers from skillet and place on a plate. Set aside..
- Leave 3 Tablespoons of fat in the skillet or add 3 tablespoons of butter if you prefer not to use beef fat..
- Add onions and saute until tender and golden..
- Slowly pour in water, then the gravy packet, and stir..
- Bring to a simmer and then add hamburgers back to the skillet..
- Simmer until gravy has thickened and hamburgers are cooked through..
- If needed, season with salt and black pepper..
Servings Per Recipe: * Percent Daily Values are based on a. And voila, delicious and hardy hamburger steaks with luscious onion gravy you're gonna love! For more of my favorite recipes using ground beef Hamburger Steaks with Tomato Gravy: Prepare as above, except substitute chicken broth for the beef. This video shows you how to make tasty hamburger "steaks" smothered in rich gravy and onions. It's a terrific way to dress up a pound of ground beef using ingredients you might just have on hand.