Jeera rice / cumin rice. Jeera rice only needs a few simple ingredients. Ghee or Butter, whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves), jeera (or cumin seeds), green chillies, basmati rice and freshly chopped coriander. Thats all of six ingredients which you probably have in your pantry, so making this is actually easier than you.
Jeera rice or cumin rice – one and the same ? Cumin seeds are also known as jeera in Hindi language. that's how this famous rice dish gets its Jeera rice is also one of the most popular Indian rice-based dish served in restaurants. many people prefer to have jeera rice instead of plain basmati. Learn how to make Jeera Rice, otherwise known as cumin rice, with this simple recipe that drains the water from the rice to remove all impurities. You can have Jeera rice / cumin rice using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeera rice / cumin rice
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati rice or sona masoori rice.
- It’s 3/4 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of indian bay leaf,tej patta.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamom, hari elaichi,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil or 1.5 tbsp ghee.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin seeds,jeera.
- You need 1 of green peas, (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves,dhania patta or curry leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cashewnuts, pista (optional).
A tasty variation on plain boiled rice, this can be made two ways—by total absorption of water by the rice or by draining the water from it. Jeera (Cumin) Rice. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Jeera rice is a simple rice dish flavored with cumin seeds. Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice makes a delicious side dish which can be served with any meal and makes it festive.
Jeera rice / cumin rice step by step
- Method: basmati rice or choose rice till the water runs clear of starch. soak the rice for 30 mins and then drain them..
- Keep aside. heat 3/4 cups water. add all the whole spices. add rice and salt..
- Simmer the rice on a low flame uncovered. the rice grains should be cooked till tender and yet separate..
- Drain the water and keep the cooked rice aside. if you want you can rinse also the rice with water at room temperature. this stops the cooking of the rice and keeps the grains separate..
- Heat oil in a small pan. add cumin/jeera. let them crackle. they have to be fried well otherwise you will taste uncooked cumin in the rice..
- Add the green chilies. stir for a few seconds. no need to brown the chilies. add the tempering to the hot or warm rice..
- With a fork, gently mix the tempering with the rice grains. even if some rice grains break, it's alright. do gently taking care so as not to break the rice grains..
You don't need to plan ahead for this incredibly delicious and ridiculously easy Indian Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice. This jeera rice recipe is PERFECT, non-sticky, fluffy, fragrant and delicious. The simple steamed rice is simply flavored with jeera (aka cumin seeds), hence the name Cumin rice or Jeera pulao. Jeera rice is a famous, simple and flavorful Indian rice prepared with long grained rice like basmati rice. The rice is flavored with cumin seeds, whole spices Making jeera rice is very simple.