You can have Cajun Pasta using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Pasta
- Prepare 1 box of rigatoni.
- It’s 1 packages of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 3/4 cup of lazy pasta sauce; kept warm on stove..
- It’s 3 tbsp of Emeril Cajun spice.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of celery; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of red or yellow onion; medium dice.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper of any color; large julienne..
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mexican cheese blend.
- You need 1 of vegetable or olive oil.
- It’s 1 of basil.
Cajun Pasta step by step
- Grill sausage to 90% doneness. Slice. Set aside..
- Boil noodles. Set aside. Add oil or butter to finished noodles to prevent oxidation..
- Reheat pasta sauce. Add heavy cream..
- Saute onions, celery, and bell peppers until semi soft. Add garlic and sausage. Add cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute 2 minutes..
- Combine cooked noodles, veggies, and sauce in a mixing bowl. Add cheese. Toss. Serve..
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Variations; Fresh oregano, pinch of thyme, chicken, shrimp, crawfish, zucchini, squash, shallots, acorn or butternut squash, sweet potatoes, mustard, apple cider vinegar.