coconut vanilla rum pound cake. Be the first to review this recipe. While cake is cooling, combine sugar and water for glaze in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
A Creamy Vanilla Frosting with a sprinkling of grated coconut makes it the tastiest. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Cook the coconut, stirring frequently, until golden. You can have coconut vanilla rum pound cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of coconut vanilla rum pound cake
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable shortening.
- It’s 3 cup of sugar.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of All purpose flour-also some for pan dusting.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Rum extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sweetened coconut flakes.
If desired, you can use a simple vanilla buttercream instead of the rum frosting. This vanilla pound cake is classic in all the best ways. It has a buttery, soft crumb and a decadent glaze, an it's just begging for some fresh berries and whipped Perhaps pound cake feels so lived-in because it's an old recipe with simple ingredients that's been passed verbally from one cook to the next. This coconut pound cake is very freezer friendly so if you wanted to make a few loaves or perhaps cut into portions and freeze, there isn't any loss of If you're thinking of making our Coconut Pound Cake to give to a friend, why not bake it in one of these disposable baking pans.
coconut vanilla rum pound cake instructions
- preheat oven to 350.
- with mixer, cream butter and shortening *if you do not have shortening 100% vegetable will do just fine*.
- Add sugar one cup at a time..
- Add eggs one at a time. beating after each addition to batter..
- put dry ingredients in a bowl and stir, then add to mixer..
- add milk. blend well..
- add vanilla, rum extract.
- add sweetened coconut flakes *may leave out*.
- pour into buttered or greased FLOURED tube pan. And bake for 1 to 1/2 hours..
- Do a toothpick test to see of toothpick comes out clean at the center of cake! And enjoy!.
Easy & unique pound cake recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth. This simple vanilla pound cake comes together in three easy steps. Get the recipe for our easy, flavorful vanilla pound cake. View top rated Coconut vanilla rum cake recipes with ratings and reviews. Banana Coconut Rum Cake, VANILLA WAFER CAKE, Coconut Cream Snack Cake, etc.