Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Rachael's Chinese chicken lettuce wraps are low carb but full of flavor. Chicken lettuce wraps are super easy, and make a surprisingly quick and healthy weeknight meal. For all the times I have ordered chicken lettuce wraps at Chinese restaurants like P.
Recipe of the Day: Rachael's Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Barbecued Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious and healthy choice for any meal! Gather the ingredients that you will need. You can create Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps by using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can make it:
Ingredients of Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- It’s of light colored oil, such as vegetable oil or peanut oil.
- You need of chicken meat, finely diced.
- You need of shiitake mushrooms, finely diced.
- You need of Coarse salt and coarse black pepper.
- You need of garlic, finely diced.
- Prepare of ginger root, finely diced.
- Prepare of orange, zested, squeezed.
- You need of red bell pepper, finely diced.
- You need of to 8 ounces, water chestnuts, finely diced.
- Prepare of scallions, chopped.
- You need of hoisin, Chinese barbecue sauce, available on Asian foods aisle of market.
- Prepare of large head iceberg lettuce, core removed, head quartered.
Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly. Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along side. Add wedged oranges to platter to garnish. This chicken lettuce wrap recipe demonstrates how one of the most sought after appetizer dish in Asian restaurants is cooked.
Barbecued Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to high. Add oil to hot pan. Add chicken to the pan and sear meat by stir frying a minute or two. Add mushrooms and cook another minute or two. Add salt and pepper to season, then garlic and ginger. Cook a minute more. Grate zest into pan, add bell pepper bits, chopped water chestnuts and scallions. Cook another minute, continuing to stir fry mixture. Add hoisin Chinese barbecue sauce and toss to coat the mixture evenly..
- Transfer the hot chopped barbecued chicken to serving platter and pile the quartered wedges of crisp iceberg lettuce along side..
- To eat, pile spoonfuls into lettuce leaves, wrapping lettuce around fillings and squeeze an orange wedge over. Optional: add a few drops of fresh orange juice to spoonful of mixture.
There are many ways to prepare lettuce wraps. Some have fried rice noodles in them while other even have other fancy ingredients. Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Best Asian Recipe) – RasaMalaysia. These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps wraps are one of my favorite dinners (along with this cashew chicken stir fry). They are quick and easy and my whole family loves them.