Maple – Walnut Syrup.
You can cook Maple – Walnut Syrup using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Maple – Walnut Syrup
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of corn syrup.
- You need 1 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 cup of broken walnut pieces – not chopped.
Maple – Walnut Syrup step by step
- Put walnut pieces into a sieve and shake vigorously to remove small particles that will cloud syrup..
- Combine corn syrup and maple syrup and water in a large sausepan. Add sugar stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil. Stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer ( 180ºF) simmer until syrup begins to thicken . About 15 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Cook 5 minutes..
- Ladle hot syrup into hot jars leaving 1/4" headspace. Remove air bubbles. Clean jar rim. Center lid on jar and adjust band to fingertip tight. Place jar on elevated rack over simmering water . In boiling water canner repeat until all jars are filled..
- Lower rack into simmering water. Water must cover jars by 1". Adjust heat to medium high. Cover canner and bring water to a rollling boil. Process half-pint jars 10 minutes.Turn off heat remove jars from canner. Do not retighten bands if loose. Cool 12 hours. Check seals. Label and store jars.This makes 4- half pint jars. ..