My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein.
You can have My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein
- You need of linguine noodles.
- Prepare of chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- It’s of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of cornstartch.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of la choy soy sauce.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of chicken broth (about), divided.
- You need of broccoli florets.
- You need of carrots, sliced.
- It’s of sugar snap peas, cleaned.
- You need of white onion, sliced.
- It’s of molasses.
- It’s of green onion, chopped.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
My Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein instructions
- »again, I don't really measure so the vegetable quantities are just a guess…«.
- »cook linguine in boiling salted water for 8-9 mins, until al dente. drain and rinse with cold water. drain again and refrigerate until needed..
- »cut chicken into thin strips..
- »mix 2 tbsp cornstartch with sugar and blend in 1 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp oil. coat chicken and marinate for at least 30 mins..
- »in a wok or large pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and brown chicken lightly. add garlic and cook 3 or 4 more mins..
- »add 4-5 tbsp soy sauce and 1 1/2 cups of broth, cover and simmer on low heat for 40 mins..
- »add peas and cook for 5 mins, add carrots cook for 5 mins, add broccoli and cook for 10 more mins. ( or until veggies are done to just under your liking).
- »mix remaining cornstartch with 1/3 cup broth, stir into meat and veggies..
- »add white onions and molasses, heat. shredded green cabbage could be added now (I just forgot to pick one up)..
- »stir in noodles and heat through. noodles will be stuck together and "clumpy" but stir them in and the sauce will bring everything together perfectly..
- »season with salt to taste..
- »plate and top with green onions..
- »pairs nicely with my creamy jalapeño won tons!.