Cheesy meatballs in tomato sauce. Serve over cooked pasta, if desired. Once meatballs all made pour over the tomato sauce. Learn how to Make homemade meatballs in tomato sauce.
For the meatballs, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Form medium sized meatballs and place into the roasting dish. Serve the meatballs on top of the spaghetti and spoon over some of the tomato sauce. You can cook Cheesy meatballs in tomato sauce using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy meatballs in tomato sauce
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatos.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded Italian blend cheese.
- You need of salt, pepper, garlic powder & Italian seasoning.
Cover the meatballs and refrigerate until required. Heat the oil in a stainless steel saucepan. When they are cooked, put them into an ovenproof dish with the tomato sauce and top with the grated mozzarella. Place under a preheated grill until the cheese has melted.
Cheesy meatballs in tomato sauce instructions
- Mix eggs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce (like, 2 table spoons) garlic powder & bread crumbs into thawed hamburger meat, use your hands! It's good for the soul!.
- Roll golf ball size balls of meat into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on meatballs and place them in the oven and broil them for 5 minutes. ***This is the step you don't want to forget!!!*** Make sure meatballs are browned on all sides..
- Pour can of diced tomato into bottom of slow cooker & season with salt and pepper (you can also add a little sugar to cut back acidity) and place a layer of browned meatballs in crock pot..
- Pour 1 cup of cheese over meatballs and repeat step 2 to make a second layer of meatballs ontop of cheese..
- Add other cup of cheese on top of second layer of meatballs. Cook in slow cooker/crock pot on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Serve warm with pasta or potatoes and steamed veggies..
Gently add in meatballs and simmer until they are fully cooked through Spice up your business with a splash of TABASCO® Sauce. Visit our Foodservice website to learn more about our solutions in the kitchen, on the table. Easy cheesy meatballs recipe is ideal for a warming mid week family dinner idea. Plus these meatballs can be enjoyed for lunch the next day. In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil and over a medium heat.