Tim's Itilian Hot Dog Sauce. This lip-smackingly divine Italian hot dog is made up of a thin Italian pork sausage smothered with smoky char-grilled peppers and spicy pecorino. Mix in rest of ingredients, mashing tomatoes with a potato masher. INSANE Italian Hot Dog at Jimmy Buff!
New Jersey Italian Hot Dog Recipe These hot dogs take a New Mexican turn – topped with a green chile cheese sauce and lots of diced green chiles. An Italian hot dog is a type of hot dog popular in New Jersey, United States. You can cook Tim's Itilian Hot Dog Sauce using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tim's Itilian Hot Dog Sauce
- It’s 1 pound of Italian sausage (mild or hot).
- Prepare 1/4 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 cup of spaghetti sauce with meat.
- Prepare 1 dash of worcestershire sauce.
There are numerous ways to prepare an Italian hot dog. The basic dish consists of a cooked (usually deep-fried) hot dog placed in an Italian roll or pizza bread, and topped with a combination of fried bell peppers, onions. I like those Italian hot dogs, too. (Except for the ones with ketchup) But this one always reminds me of that otherwise unmemorable day I spent with my dearly departed stepdad long That is not an Italian hot dog. Italian hot dogs are served on pizza bread.
Tim's Itilian Hot Dog Sauce instructions
- Take casing off sausage and break up and brown , when brown add to food processor. Seperate oil from sausage and reserve in pan..
- Take quarter of small onion and place in food processor add cumin and chili powder to processor with sausage. Chop fine ..
- Add 1 cup of spaghetti sauce to pan with oil and heat..
- Mix the sausage mix in pan with sauce and simmer for ten minutes. Then remove from heat and serve with hot dogz..
If you don't know what pizza bread is, no worries. Italian hot dogs outside North Jersey are more often than not a lesser imitation involving hash browns and sauteed peppers thrown on a boiled hot dog on a standard bun. Or a concoction involving tomato sauce and mozzarella that has no relation to the New Jersey Italian hot dog. This is also great on hamburgers, as well as hot dogs. Liven up your hot dog by topping it with this spicy ground beef sauce.