Folar de Olhão (Portuguese orange-cinnamon cake).
You can have Folar de Olhão (Portuguese orange-cinnamon cake) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Folar de Olhão (Portuguese orange-cinnamon cake)
- You need of Dough:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of + 5 tbsp of melted and cooled butter.
- You need 1/8 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of + 4 tbsp of Orange Juice with pulp.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Brandy or Rum (for baking or regular).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of yeast packet.
- You need 4 Cups of flour.
- You need of Filling:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of and 5 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of Orange juice.
Folar de Olhão (Portuguese orange-cinnamon cake) instructions
- For the Dough: Combine the dry ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. In a separate bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients until combined. Pour the liquid into the dry mixture and turn the mixer on medium speed. Once a cohesive dough is formed, continue to knead in the mixer for about five minutes. Cover with plastic and allow to rise in warm place until double in size, about an hour and a half..
- For the Filling: Stir all the ingredients together in a medium bowl..
- To assemble: Butter an 8-inch ring mold or cake pan and place on a sheet tray. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a rectangle. Cut the dough into 12 squares, then roll each square into a ball. Use a rolling pin to roll each dough ball into a thin circle about 8 inches in diameter. This doesn’t have to be exact.
- Place one circle of dough at the bottom of the pan or ring mold. Spread about 1 ½ tablespoons of filling on top of the dough. Repeat layering and filling with the rest of the, finishing with the filling on top..
- Cover the pan or ring mold with plastic and allow to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Bake the folar for 45 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes, then turn the pan upside down or remove to ring mol while the gooey filling is still hot. If you have any trouble with this, use an offset spatula to loosen the sides of the cake from the pan..
- Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.