Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche. Smoked salmon quiche made with a layer of cream cheese and mozzarella cheese is a specialty brunch item for your family and friends. If you like smoked salmon, this dish will both surprise you and impress your guests. This Salmon Quiche is a stunner!
Jason Parsons has a delicious one perfect for an Easter brunch. If you can't find hot-smoked salmon, cold-smoked will also be scrumptious, although it will lose some of its silky texture once it's baked. The high-sided, free-form crust makes this spring quiche an especially elegant addition to brunch. You can cook Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 of baby bell peppers, chopped. 1 red, 1 orange.
- You need 1/2 of kielbasa sausage, sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 Oz of smoked salmon, remove bones. Crumbled.
- You need 2 Oz of deli ham, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese, plus 1/4 cup.
- You need 8 of lg eggs.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s to taste of Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
In small bowl mix together, Gruyere, Parmesan, shallots and flour. Sprinkle the cheese mixture and salmon over the bottom of the WARM pie shell. Cut off bottom one-third of each asparagus spear; reserve top spear portions. Beat eggs, whipping cream, dill weed, salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk.
Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche step by step
- In a large bowl, mix onion, peppers, sausage, salmon, ham, basil, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Mix well..
- Grease a 11×15 baking dish on the bottom and sides..
- Pour mix into baking dish. Spread out evenly..
- Crack eggs into bowl. Whisk in cream..
- In another bowl, whisk flour into milk. Whisk that into eggs..
- Season eggs to taste..
- Pour over mixture in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until top gets nicely browned and a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Shut off oven. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Return to oven 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Slowly pour egg mixture over quiche ingredients. Fold in the salmon, broccoli, and chives. I have often heard the phrase that real men do not eat quiche, my boys thought that was funny and started calling it man pie. I guess that could easily be construed as something strange, but I thought it was funny. Our slimming friendly Smoked Salmon and Broccoli Quiche makes a great lunch.