Jeera Aloo / cumin potato.
You can have Jeera Aloo / cumin potato using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jeera Aloo / cumin potato
- It’s 6 of boiled potatoes(diced).
- It’s 2 & 1/2tsp of cumin seeds(jeera).
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of jeera powder / cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander leaves(chopped).
Jeera Aloo / cumin potato instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. Let the jeera splutter..
- Then add asafoetida, dry red chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and jeera powder to the oil..
- Don't let the masala burn. Add a little water because we are preparing dry curry..
- Add boiled diced potatoes to the gravy and fry it till it become dry and the masala mix well with the potatoes..
- You can garnish the curry with chopped fresh coriander leaves. Serve it hot with hot roti, parantha, puri or rice..