Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew. A delicious, hearty, and healthy sweet potato stew made in the crockpot (slow cooker). This stew is packed with veggies and delicious seasonings! This stew is packed with sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, tomatoes, beef, and plenty of seasoning!
This recipe is perfect to make on a cold fall day when you're going to be at home puttering. Delicious vegetarian Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew made with grated sweet potatoes, onions, celery and vegetable broth. This sweet potato stew is super easy to make and tastes amazing. You can have Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew
- Prepare 3 cups of (2 sweet potatoes chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped celery (optional).
- It’s 1 of medium white onion.
- You need 8 oz of bag mini carrots.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can corn.
- It’s of Or 12oz bag of frozen mixed veggies.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 lb of beef chuck roast cut into ½ inch cubes.
- Prepare 4 of bacon strips.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 2-3 of beef bullion cubes.
- It’s 2-3 cups of water.
Add the sweet potatoes to the slow cooker and pour the sauce over. These Crockpot Sweet Potato Lentils include coconut milk and are filling and healthy! Perfect over warm naan for lunch or dinner. But I even though I made it on a whim, it turned out to be like, really good.
Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew instructions
- Crockpot bags are the key to success!.
- In a pan cook bacon strips..
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Measure to get a heaping 3 cups and place in the prepared slow cooker..
- Add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, the bag of carrots, drained can of corn and undrained can of diced tomatoes and bacon.
- Toss together the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Toss the cut meat (cut in 1 inch cubes if not pre-cut) in the flour mixture until well coated..
- Place the coated meat in the slow cooker on top of all the vegetables. You do not need to pre-cook the meat at all..
- Add in the bay leaf, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley..
- Crumble in the boullion cubes and the water..
- Stir everything together and try to submerge the meat below the veggies to keep it as tender as possible. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 5-7 hours or until the sweet potatoes and vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through and tender. All slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Mine takes about 8 hours on low..
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf..
- Stir the ingredients together and slightly mash the tender sweet potatoes in the crockpot. This gives it a chunkier and thicker stew consistency and it's delicious!.
This stew was a "throw together, use up what's left in the fridge" meal, but it turned out to be a savory comfort food that ranks high in nutrition while It takes awhile, but if you're in and out all day it's a great meal to make. Whip out the food processor, toss your veggies in, set your crockpot and forget it honey! Making it with sweet potatoes gives this crockpot stew recipe a potassium boost and a lovely, sweet taste. This crockpot version incorporates all the classic ingredients like carrots, potatoes and celery. Cooking them all slowly over low heat means that each bite of stew melts in your mouth.