Rigatoni Bake with Broccoli.
You can cook Rigatoni Bake with Broccoli using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rigatoni Bake with Broccoli
- You need 540 grams of Rigatoni.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh parmesan.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of fresh oregano chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar, grated.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Rigatoni Bake with Broccoli step by step
- In a large pot bring 4 liters of water to a boil. Season the water and add your pasta. Boil for about ten minutes..
- In a large sauce pan on med./high melt your butter. Once melted, stir in your flour and mix until nice and smooth..
- Once you have a nice smooth consistency, add the milk slowly. Stir regularly. Once this starts to thicken up, add your fresh grated Parmesan cheese, still stir..
- Reduce heat to low and add the garlic, thyme, oregano and nutmeg. Continue to stir to make sure everything gets mixed well. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Next, add 1¼ cup of the sharp cheddar, and continue to stir thoroughly on low heat. Remove from heat, cover and set aside..
- In a large greased baking dish, add the cooked rigatoni and your bite size broccoli. Next pour your mixture over the rigatoni and broccoli and stir thoroughly until everything is coated..
- Once your dishes mix thoroughly add the remaining sharp cheddar, fresh Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper..
- Place the baking dish in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes..
- Remove from oven, set aside for 2 minutes and serve..