You can cook Southwest Pasta using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest Pasta
- It’s of linguini, or pasta of your choice.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- You need of canned black beans, drained & rinsed.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of canned diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s of picante sauce.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- Prepare of shredded Colby Jack cheese blend.
- Prepare of fresh cilantro.
Southwest Pasta instructions
- Cool pasta according to package directions. Drain..
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add garlic. Saute for a few seconds. Add undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, black beans, chili powder, cumin & oregano and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low & cover..
- Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove cover. Increase heat to medium high. Cook, stirring frequently until reach desired consistently, about 5 minutes..
- Add pasta to sauce. Toss. Serve with cheese & cilantro sprinkled on top..