Pina Colada Macaroons.
You can have Pina Colada Macaroons using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pina Colada Macaroons
- You need 3/4 cup of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter or margarine.
- It’s 3 oz of Cream cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rum extract.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 8 oz of Candied pineapple, chopped small (I use a food processor).
- Prepare 1 1/4 of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 cup of Coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut.
Pina Colada Macaroons step by step
- Preheat oven to 350?F..
- Cream together: sugar, butter/margarine, cream cheese, and rum extract..
- Add egg yolk, and chopped pineapple..
- Add dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend until combined well..
- Add in 3 cups coconut..
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour..
- Shape into 1" balls. The dough is sticky, so hand rolling isn't easy. A cookie dough scoop works better..
- Roll balls into 1 cup coconut..
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly..
- Bake at 350?F for 10-15 minutes..
- Remove immediately from baking sheet to cooling rack..