Hot Cocoa Bonda.
You can have Hot Cocoa Bonda using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot Cocoa Bonda
- Prepare of Dark and Natural cocoa powder (Unsweetened).
- You need of Baking soda.
- Prepare of gram flour (Besan).
- Prepare of Grated Jaggery.
- You need of Tamarind puree.
- You need of Salt or as per taste.
- You need of Red chilli powder.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Stuffing:.
- You need of Medium Size Boiled Potatoes.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Chopped ginger.
- You need of Finely chopped green chilli.
- It’s of Carom seeds powder.
- It’s of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare of Salt or as per taste.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of Oil – To deep fry.
Hot Cocoa Bonda step by step
- Stuff Preparation – Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped ginger, green chilli and cumin seeds. Saute for a minute..
- To this mix, add boiled potatoes, turmeric powder, carom seeds powder and salt. Mix this well on low flame. Saute it for 2 minutes..
- Switch off the flame. Transfer this filling into a plate and allow it to cool for sometime..
- Then prepare medium sized balls from this mixture..
- Batter Preparation – Take a container. Add cocoa powder, bengal gram flour, baking soda, salt, red chilli powder, grated jaggery and tamarind puree. Prepare a thick flowing batter by adding little by little water to this mixture..
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadhai or pan. Dip each dumpling in the batter and coat it well with the batter on both the sides..
- Add the batter coated balls in the medium hot oil and fry them till they turn crispy..
- Serve hot with chutney/homemade sauce..