Penne with tuna and tomato. This fast and easy creamy tomato tuna penne pasta recipe is inspired by the lunchtime favorite tuna melt with a cup of creamy tomato soup. Combine tuna and olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Learn how to make Penne with Tuna and Fresh Tomato Sauce.
Toss with pasta and reserved cooking water. In this Southern Italian-inspired one-pot pasta, a thick tuna steak cooks to moist perfection at the same time as the penne, cherry tomatoes, and olives. When the cooking is done, break up the tuna into large flakes with a spoon and mix it into the pasta. You can cook Penne with tuna and tomato using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Penne with tuna and tomato
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 500 g of diced tomatoes from a can.
- It’s 250 g of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 55 g of sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 packet of penne or rigatoni.
- You need 55 g of black olives coarsely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of caper.
- Prepare 200 g of strained tuna.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley, finely chopped.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
The sauce will look thin at first glance. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; reduce heat and simmer gently. When water boils, add penne and cook according to package directions. Add to tomato sauce with peas.
Penne with tuna and tomato step by step
- Boil the pasta according to the directions on the packet..
- Heat the oil in a large pot (or wok) and sauté the onion and the garlic slightly. Add the tomato, the oregano and the sun-dried tomatoes. Boil everything for 10-12 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the olives, the caper and the tuna to the sauce..
- Add the cooked pasta and mix..
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the parsley and serve while hot..
Frugal family dinner: Penne with tomato sauce and tuna. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and gently cook the onions until soft and lightly coloured, add the garlic and mushrooms. Toss in pasta and reserved cooking water. Remove the fillets from the pan and set them aside.