ravioli from scratch. Ravioli Pasta is one of my favourite type of Pasta. Watch and recreate my Nonna Spinach and Cheese Ravioli Recipe and enjoy this lifetime experience. I asked "would you make raviolis from scratch?" to which many of you responded yes!
Once you have some fresh Ricotta Cheese from scratch, then making fresh pasta is much easier than you think. Bruno Zoccola shows TV's Matt Lorenzo how to make fresh homemade Ravioli with Parmesan Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Spinach and Nutmeg. How to Make Ravioli From Scratch. You can have ravioli from scratch using 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ravioli from scratch
- It’s 1 of DOUGH.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of veggie oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 4 of drops green food coloring.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour for dusting purposes.
- It’s 1 of FILLING.
- Prepare 4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning (its a spice).
- You need 4 of mushrooms finely diced.
- It’s 1/8 cup of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red pepper.
- It’s 1 large of jar spaghetti sauce (your choice of flavor).
Ravioli is a wonderful Italian dish that makes the mouth water and the mind think of great things. Ravioli consists of square or round pieces of dough that are stuffed. Make It From Scratch: Homemade Pasta Is a Fun (and Delicious) Family Meal. Bruno Zoccola shows TV's Matt Lorenzo how to make fresh homemade Ravioli with Parmesan Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Spinach and Nutmeg.
ravioli from scratch instructions
- in a frying pan, cook the ground beef with the Italian seasoning, season salt, mushrooms and red pepper. drain fat and set aside to cool..
- in a large mixing bowl, beat the two eggs with a fork until well blended..
- mix in water, oil, salt and food coloring..
- add one cup of flour and beat with fork until lumps are gone..
- this is the hard part. add another cup of flour and beat with fork until mixture is too thick to use fork. then, start mixing with your hands..
- add the third cup of flour and mix together until flour and lumps are gone and the dough is "elastic like". should be the consistency of cheese on a pizza, stretchy but won't break. that's how I can best describe it..
- dust a wooden cutting board and a wooden rolling pin with flour and roll the dough until it is the thickness of two stacked nickels..
- using a glass or cookie cutter, cut rounds out of the dough. 3 inch diameter is perfect. set rounds aside. keep balling up the scraps and re rolling them until there is none left..
- in another large mixing bowl, mix together the ricotta, mozzarella and ground beef..
- re dust the cutting board and rolling pin..
- roll one of your dough rounds until it is as thin as one nickel by itself, but try to maintain the circle..
- using a teaspoon (the kind you eat with) put one teaspoon (or whatever will fit) of the cheese/meat mixture onto the center of the dough round..
- fold the round in half and use a fork to mash together the sides. (you'll want to keep dipping the fork tips in flour or the dough will stick)..
- repeat steps 11-13 until all of your rounds are filled, folded and sealed..
- bring a large pot of water to a boil..
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- boil all of the raviolis' until they float. add butter to the water to prevent them from sticking to each other and lightly stir them to keep them from sticking to the bottom..
- in a large casserole dish, add enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom..
- add a layer of ravioli and then another layer of sauce. continue this pattern until all the raviolis' are in the dish..
- cover the top of the ravioli with a thin layer of sauce and then cover it with the rest of your meat/cheese mixture..
- cover the dish with foil or a lid and bake for 50 minutes. ENJOY!!.
If you love making your own ravioli, then you're gonna love my easy to make three cheese ravioli recipe! You can take a look at my Homemade Pasta Dough Recipe to make the dough from scratch. This all-day project is definitely worthwhile. Chop the ball of dough into three pieces. Lay a wet towel over two pieces to keep them from drying out.