Addictive Filipino Lumpia. If you can't find a Filipino store to get wrappers.you can make your own. Lumpia Shanghai filled with ground chicken, water chestnuts, carrots, and green onions. Golden, crunchy, and in fun bite-size, these Filipino meat spring rolls are addictive!
Lumpia is a Filipino word and it comes from the Chinese spring. Filipino Lumpia Recipe, Video, and Cooking Tips. Lumpia can be either fresh (not cooked after filling) or deep-fried. You can have Addictive Filipino Lumpia using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Addictive Filipino Lumpia
- You need 1 c of carrots.
- You need 1 c of celery.
- Prepare 1/2 c of yellow onion.
- You need 1/2 c of green peppers.
- You need 4-6 cloves of garlic, depends on taste.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 4 tsp of dry chicken broth base (equivalent to 2 cups of broth).
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 c of bread crumbs.
- You need 2 of pkgs of TYJ Spring Roll pastry (only found in Asian grocery).
- Prepare 2 of eggs, separated.
Our recipe is for the fresh variety, known as lumpiang sariwa. Filled with pork, shrimp and vegetables, they are as much fun to make as they are to. Apparently lumpia is to Filipinos what tacos are to Mexicans and pasta is to Italians. If you claim to be Filipino and answer no when asked if you can make lumpia, I'm pretty sure you get added to a.
Addictive Filipino Lumpia step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees..
- Let frozen TYJ Spring roll pastry thaw on countertop while the next steps are being prepared (approx 30 min).
- Using a food processor, pulse all of the vegetables (first 5 ingredients) together until finely minced but not pulverized..
- Place the beef, vegetables, 1 egg and all of the seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Thoroughly mix together with your hands for about 15 min. Fyi- It's best to use cooking gloves for this step..
- Once the TYJ spring roll pastry (wrapper) is thawed enough where you can easily separate the pieces, cut diagonally to create 50 triangular pieces per PKG. Separate each wrapper and set aside (100 wrappers). These must be ready before you start rolling..
- Prepare your rolling area by breaking the other egg in a bowl and using a large plate or cutting board to roll the individual piece..
- Place 1 tbsp of meat mixture along the wide part of the wrapper, then fold the two corners inwards over the meat and roll like a burrito using the egg as glue to seal the wrapper. Continue to make each wrapper until all 100 wrappers and meat mixture have been used..
- Bake 15 min on one side, then flip and bake for another 10 min. Let cool..
- FYI- Another option to cook, you can fry in med high oil for 2-4 min each side until golden brown..
- If you don't want to cook it all at one time, once prepared before baking you can freeze for up to 4 mths. Baking time remains the same..
Dyanamite Lumpia is a version of the popular Filipino deep-fried egg rolls. Cooking dynamite lumpia is easy and straightforward. You just need to prepare each component sequentially for best. Lumpia are various types of spring rolls commonly found in Indonesia and the Philippines. Lumpia are made of thin paper-like or crepe-like pastry skin called "lumpia wrapper" enveloping savory or sweet fillings.